Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Be Brave Mixed Media Entry for Finnabair Art Recipe June Challenge

Hi Crafty Friends!  I have joined the monthly challenge at Finnabair's Art Recipe June Challenge!  The colors were definitely a challenge and that's why I love this challenge!  I created a Mixed Media piece *Be Brave* using lots of Finnabair products!
I used Unicorn Effect Paste thru a stencil for my background texture,  once it was dry I sprayed Color Bloom 2 Fairy Pond and I also added Art Alchemy Metallique Acrylic Paint Deep Waters.  I also added Art Alchemy Carmine Liquid Acrylic Paint (this was the closest color to Red that I had in my stash) and I sprayed water to spread the paint,  it blended with the Deep Waters and I love how it turned out.  

For the Cream I painted Art Extra Vagance Texture Fantasy Cream to a metal flower,  after glueing tissue paper to the wings I also painted them with the Texture Fantasy Cream Paste and my last Cream I added some Tulle Trim behind the Steampunk Cameo chipboard piece.

I used Art Alchemy Wax Mystic Turquoise to the Metal embellishments and Opal Magic Wax Green Brocade for a finishing touch to the metal embellishments.



I always love adding more texture so I get my beads and microbeads out to finish my project!  I hope you are inspired to try these colors it is so fun!

Join the challenge!

Happy Creating!

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment